The Patriot League will celebrate its 25th Football Anniversary throughout the 2011 campaign with an all-time team as well as variety of retrospective initiatives highlighting the achievements and personalities of former and current student-athletes and coaches.
The Patriot League began as a successful Division I-AA (now called Football Championship Subdivision) football conference in 1986, with charter members Bucknell University, Colgate University, College of the Holy Cross, Lafayette College and Lehigh University. Fordham University has maintained its football-member status since 1990, as the Rams were full members from 1990-94 before becoming associate members for football in 1995. Georgetown has competed in Patriot League football as an associate member since 2001. Davidson (1987-88) and Towson (1997-03) have also competed in Patriot League Football.
Before and during the 2011 season, the Patriot League will continue the coverage of the 25th Anniversary with profiles of each program during its Patriot League tenure, features and audio interivews with significant student-athletes and coaches and a this day in Patriot League history timeline.
In addition to coverage on the Patriot League website, fans will be encouraged to participate in 25th Anniversary discussions on the League's Facebook and Twitter accounts as well as through school and national message boards.
- Patriot League Football 25th Anniversary Team
- Offense Profiles
- Defense Profiles
- Post-Patriot League
- Reaction Quotes
- Photo Gallery
This Day in Patriot League History
Post-Patriot League Success
- Colgate quarterback Ryan Vena (1996-99)
- Holy Cross running back Gordie Lockbaum (1986-87) (Video)
- Fordham wide receiver Javarus Dudley (2000-03)
- Colgate wide receiver Corey Hill (1995-98)
- Lehigh tight end Adam Bergen (2001-04)
- Colgate offensive lineman Paul Clasby (1996-99)
- Holy Cross defensive lineman Corey Vincent (1988-91)
- Towson defensive lineman Andrew Hollingsworth (1997-2000)
- Lafayette linebacker Andy Romans (2005-08)
- Lehigh linebacker Ian Eason (1996-99)
- Colgate Head Coach Dick Biddle (1996-pres.)
- Holy Cross Head Coach Mark Duffner (1986-91)
- Lehigh Head Coach Kevin Higgins (1994-00)
- Fordham Head Coach Dave Clawson (1999-03)
- Former Executive Director Alan Childs
Coaches and Executive Directors